I must admit to the reader first, that I don't hate Wal-Mart and what it as a company stands for... I just have a strong dislike for the shopping experience it has become.
Walking into the local Wal-Mart here is like walking into a warzone (i'm assuming, sadly since I've never seen combat). Mangled bodies known as children lie about like stray cats in every aisleway and atop store displays. Where do they come from? (It must be a sight during non-business hours to see the store with so much promise and elegance in its' cleanliest state.) Where are their parents; their seemingly "all-knowing" and loving guardians? Do they even care about the welfare of their unkept and disrespectful little cherubs?
I can't even begin to answer that question. But what I can assume is that every reader knows of what I speak or has had the same experience at least once before.
(What is up with the little "angels" with silver teeth and parents who are force-feeding them candies and boxes of fruit punch?)
It is then that my overall observation of my Wal-Mart visit is that stepping foot inside of these MegaShoppingExtraviganzas is like stepping into a physical statistic and portrait of what American society has become. It has transformed into a wasteland of individuals (the shoppers) who just don't care about the most significant and grave standards of what it means to be sociably sound... Respectful of their surroundings and other individuals. And the facility which enables this harassy to continue could easily be a shoe-in for our government. The management could be found guilty of advancing this aggravation.
What would Sam Walton think of his store today?
PJ
3 comments:
I hate Walmart with a passion not only have they become the total shit house for the shit you don't need, poorly designed furniture, cheap chinese merchandise (sorry) its just a shit whole they build in gettos to suck the money out of the common man
sam walton would be demoted to greeter.
That's why I stay clear of that place. I prefer Target. Shoppers there seem a bit more sophisticated, or at least more in touch with being "socially sound". Plus, the lights in Wal-mart really bother me. It's as if I'm in a giant interrogation room. Why must their lights be so damn blinding.
p.s. happy birthday!
Post a Comment